Saturday, October 4, 2008

# 17. Web 2.0 Awards

Check out Netvibes, the winner of Web2.0 tools in the Start pages category. Clear and concise layout for setting up your own Homepage/Startpage and accessible from wherever you are. Make your Start page private, or with a click of a button, let the world see it.
As a private page I liked the idea of having all my email addresses and Facebook account instantly opened as soon as I logged into my Netvibes page. Liked: the initial widgets were all from MY country - Disliked: I had to guess other widgets from other countries, there was no easy index. Also a huge contingent were not accessible outside the U.S. Liked: how quick YouTube downloads occurred on the widget I chose for my page - Disliked: how slow other widgets were to download.
Found an awesome radio station widget broadcasting out of the UK - Nanny Tango Radio. Gorgeous easy blues.

No comments: