Friday, August 29, 2008

# 9: Technorati ignorance


Once I maneouvered my way into Technorati's mish-mash of things to do and try (I do have to say this website is not for the simpleton... does that rule me out?!) I finally found the blogs/posts/directory... and got lost, found, lost again, then got deleted, canceled, and confused. I found Technorati still beyond the casual 15 minutes of browse time I had allowed. Yes, the technology is incredible, the blogs, posts, ideas interesting(mostly), some comments helpful, and some ridiculous. I can see how Tags and Posts and Directories work for those using this... but WHO is using this? And WHAT FOR?? I found a blogger who blogged about blogging for money... is that WHY? Is it Fame? Why tag others' tags, and blogs? SoandSo, can you tell me?!?! I did find a blog that led me to http://Monitter.com - a new web 2.0 tool for monitoring "twitters" of online conversations - effectively an online eavesdropping service to calm the pervert in us all. I feel a little on the side of Biblio Chick with this one, it's probably sheer ignorance of the unknown. But I still need help in understanding. Please someone, put it into easy context for me...?!

2 comments:

NSL Training Support Team said...

Technorati is basically a blog search engine. What distinguish it from other blog search engines is that you could search using the tags option which gives fairly good results (of relevant blogs).

The other feature is the authority ranking. The authority ranking gives an indication of how many times there have been links to a blog, so the top blogs are usually worth reading regulary if you are interested in that field.

Technorati is not easy to understand at first but it is worth looking at because it is easier to find good blogs through the tags, voting and authority features.

SoAndSo said...

couldnt figure what where to tag others tags - but im exhausted even thinking about it.