Saturday, August 2, 2008

# 6: Technology is...

...taking us by storm, moving us from the cave and into the light of Jupiter's moons. I was given an Olympus camera - waterproof, smashproof, drop-proof, dustproof, everything-proof - for my birthday and am still discovering the unique qualities that this little marvel has in store for me. I can't wait to dive to the depths of 30 feet and take a photo of a stingray resting on the sandy sea bottom.

Technology is... high-definition television. If you haven't yet, go and find a friend who has one and watch the 30-min rolling demo. I-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e. About the time I can afford one should be about the time HD movies start making it into the mainstream.

Here's a question: Does Technology always advance humankind???

2 comments:

SoAndSo said...

re HD - why wait - check out vimeo. all you need is a new fast computer... And the answer to your technology question is: Yes, or no. Maybe. It depends. Eventually.

Aunty of 3 said...

Your new camera sounds awesome. I assume from your post that you dive? Wow...under-water photography must be simply awesome! Definitely on my list of things to do before I die!